This annual programme is jointly sponsored by the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and the World Academy of Sciences (TWAS).
The followership is a world class programme, which have produced lots of Noble men across the globe.
The followership presents opportunity to students all over the world (non-Chinese) around 200 of them to participant in the 4 years pursuant of Doctorate Degrees in China.
The World Academy of Sciences has about 1,000 scientists in over 70 countries across the globe.
The objective of the Academy is to encourage scientific study and excellence for a viable development in the South.
Applicantsshould take note of the following for their application to be successful.
- Applicants must not be more than 35 years on 31 December 2019.
- Must not have Chinese citizenship.
- Candidates must not take up other tasks during the programme duration.
- Must have a Master’s degree
- Applicants provide evidence that they will return to their country at the end of the CAS-TWAS programme.
- Must provide English language test or Chinese language test.
- Intending applicants must meet up with the standard for international students of UCAS or USTC.
700/800 RMB shall be given awardees as monthly stipends, which will cover travel expenses, insurance, and/or accommodation).
Successful applicants’ airfare shall be taken care of from their home country to china to start the followership programme.
The followership programme is open for all international students across the globe, excluding Chinese students.
To be successful, intending applicants are to follow these steps;
- All applicants must submit fellowship online application system, and also upload the following supporting documents.
- International passport with at least 2 years validity
- Updated CV with full description of research experience.
- Original copies of University certificates both B.sc and master’s certificates. (Those about to graduate should upload a pre-graduation certificate stating date of graduation).
- Proof of English or Chinese test.
- Original copy of academic transcript
- Research proposal
- Photocopies of title pages and abstracts of published research works, which must be at least 5.
- Foreigner physical examination
- Provide two reference letters with official letter headed paper, signed with contact phone numbers and email address. Send the scanned copies together with other documents to the fellowship online application system.
- Lastly, send the original hard copies of reference letters to the UCAS/USTC before the deadline.