The most well-known and illustrious soccer team, FC Barcelona, is essentially “more than a club.” FC Barcelona has a long history of success and is dedicated to the highest standards on the playing field while leading initiatives off it. FC Barcelona set a record by winning six championships in the 2008–09 season: La Liga, Copa del Rey, Champions League, Super Cup, Club World Cup, and European Super Cup. For the city of Barcelona and the people of Catalonia, who genuinely regard the club as their national team, FC Barcelona is significant.
FC Barcelona has an unmatched reputation for developing top-tier athletes. The team’s success is built on the idea that local players should be developed through the FCB junior programme in order to represent the main squad. Lionel Messi, Xavi, Andres Iniesta, Carles Puyol, Gerard Piqué, Victor Valdes, Cesc Fabregas, and Sergio Busquets are all alumni of the FCB youth academy.
The Barcelona Football School was established to instruct youth and prepare individuals to play professionally. Players participate in developmental leagues where their advancement is assessed. Additionally, they are taught the importance of good sportsmanship, superior leadership, and the proper handling of the ball. The best players are occasionally provided to those who have shown a particular aptitude for the club sector or sold to clubs who have a strong interest in them.
Joining the trials and conditions of the FC Barcelona Youth Academy “LA MASSIA”:
The most asked questions are mainly about how to join the FC Barcelona Football Academy. One can join the Barcelona Football Academy through the FC Barcelona Football Trial, a special recruitment, the Barcelona Football Scout, among others. Players are also identified through local competitions, video conferences or representatives sponsored by the club. However, in addition to the Barcelona academic exams, young people can also enter by registering.
Scouts encourage athletes to start their own club to attract club interest. Below is the best way to join the FC Barcelona Football Academy, as explained by professional experts.
- Candidates must have a good academic record with recommendations from your school.
- Provide good information about yourself, your previous clubs if any and your contacts.
- Parental consent, especially for those under 18.
- Proof of economic need if applying for the Barcelona Football Academy scholarship.
- Try and submit a video of yourself; this method is especially for international applicants.
Check the programs available at “schools.fcbarcelona.us/programs/” and then continue to the page How to join the FC Barcelona Football Academy by applying at “schools.fcbarcelona.us/escola-locations/”.
These scholarships are similar in terms of their requirements to Soccer Scholarships for International Students. However, unlike others, there is a greater focus on financial need and academic excellence.
- Your grade report and comments from your high school teachers are required.
- In order to be considered for this soccer scholarship in the United States, you must pass an athletic test at one of the Barcelona Foundation’s affiliated soccer academies.
- Any child receiving Medicaid is considered to have financial needs.
- Those receiving free or reduced school lunches will be given the most consideration.
- A review of the family’s tax history is required when applying for free soccer scholarships in the United States.
- Individuals who are already receiving a scholarship or try out at a soccer academy in the United States are not welcome to apply.
- The application is primarily for low-income households.
The scholarships will generally be awarded at the beginning of each season and will pay for some or all of the child’s training at the Soccer Academy. Parents or guardians whose children have shown promising potential in the game of soccer should proceed and apply.