HOW TO BEHAVE IN AN INTERVIEW.

0
185

In this very post, we have detailed all you need to know about your behaviour in the interview room. How to behave in an interview is a key way to getting a job. Most of the interviewers are not looking for people with high grade but people who can behave well and help in bringing out the best of the company. Here in this article, we have compiled for you list of HOW TO BEHAVE in interview room.

Related post you may like

How can I have a successful interview?.

Job interview etiquette.

Handling breakup in relationship.

How to remove virus from smart phones.

YOUR PHONE SHOULD BE SWITCHED OFF OR SILENCED.

One of the difficult task people refuse to do is “switching off their phone” for the minutes/hour they will be in the interview room. Even if you can’t switch it off put it on silent and make sure it is out of sight.

We all know there are other engagements you will lose if you switch off your phone but for the moment this is a very important meeting.

This could solve your financial problems and put food on your table if your interviewer hires you so, give them the maximum respect by switching your cell phone off or put it on silent mode.

This will enable you give them an undivided attention and also you would not be the culprit that will distract the interviewer or others with your ringing tone.

Do not even think of putting it on vibration mode, the interviewer can still hear it and it could cause distraction.

MAINTAIN EYE CONTACT AND PORTRAY A CONFIDENT BODY LANGUAGE

Eye contact is a compulsory thing you must learn to do before going for an interview. Keeping eye contact is part of communication it shows that you are fully following and you know the reason why you are there in the first place. When your interviewer is speaking and you are looking at him it gives him the impression that you are ready to work with them.

Interviewers are trained to be observant whichever attitude you display during the interview will tell them who you are and what you are passing through, if you keep looking at their outfit or the office settings it entails you are archaic, fidgety or uninterested to whatever thing he is saying.

Try as much as you can to make eye contact with the interviewer, it is a gateway to communicating with them non-verbally.

Body language; the way you express yourself will automatically send a direct message to them, the amount of confidence you have. Your confidence is shown when you express yourself, how you tackle questions being thrown at you and how you discuss with your interviewer.

All these are the things you need to work on, practice it in front of a mirror. Try as much as you can to be polite, bold and confident. Lastly, do not forget to smile

SELL YOURSELF (MARKET YOURSELF)

Have you thought of your achievements, positive remarks people made about you previously or grades, your skills, courses you studied or the problems you have solved.

This should be a means you should use to promote yourself be prepared because the interviewer might ask you this question #”tell me about yourself” You should summarize it at home in the sense that it wouldn’t take you 2-3minutes to say it.

Be audible and tell them your qualities, skills, strength, ideas and that’s what you are there to do.

Write down the things you want to say and practice them, selling yourself will give them enough reason to work with you and there is a higher chance of them recruiting you because of your performance so far.

USE A PROPER TITLE WHEN ADDRESSING YOUR INTERVIEWER

Once you enter the interview venue, use the proper title to address people you meet there.

What I mean by title is; you can greet them by attaching “Mr or Ms/sir or ma’am” before their name or you can still address them via the aforementioned title even if you do not know them by their names. If you know them by their specific profession you can address them by that also.

Here is a detailed example for clarification…..

> Good day Ms Cynthia Lawrence

> Dr Ugochukwu

> Professor Markcyril

> Lecturer Paschaline

> Mr. Lawrence

> Consultant Roseline etc…….

This should be your priority, use the appropriate address it is a sign of respect and professionalism.

DO NOT CASTIGATE OR SPEAK BAD ABOUT YOUR PREVIOUS WORK PLACE AND PEOPLE YOU HAVE WORKED WITH

This is where some of us make mistakes, there are interview you go and the interviewer would love to know the reason why you left your previous job!!!!! A lot of us starts by “dragging their company’s name to the mud” via speaking badly about your former boss and other staff.

Its either you complain of how disorganized the place is, delay of payment of your monthly salary, lack of facilities and others forgetting that with time the company will be more stable and advanced and sometimes some of you also disclose your personal issues by telling them of how your former boss has been making sexual advances at you ( Talkative!!!!!!)

I do not see reason why some of us should do that, if you are in this category just know you have tarnished your reputation “big time” this is not what they wanted you to talk about. The best thing to do is to give them a tangible (positive) response such as;

>I admire your company so much and it would be a great opportunity if you employ me as your staff….

>I signed out because of the distance

>the position I needed to take has been taken over by someone with a 3 years working experience.

>I was employed and trained for a period of 12 months (internship) I’m just a temporary staff……

Do not start rambling words; it doesn’t make sense at all.

Most times you do not know if they are testing you to know if you have the tendency of dragging the company’s reputation to the mud. Be mindful of what you say………..

TALK LESS!!!!!!!

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here