Fresh Nigerian graduates are always overexcited when they see their names in the list of those that will be going for NYSC (otondo corper). It’s not easy passing through school. So, they’ll have to check out where they are posted through call-up letter.
The worst thing that can happen to you is answering the clarion call without taking along with you the essential things you need.
You will be stranded all throughout your stay in the camp.
So, in this article, I will shortlist the things you should take along with you while heading for the NYSC orientation camp. I understand how urgent you need this information, so I won’t bore you with long talks but to start.
Related posts you may like;
* NYSC orientation camp lasts for 3weeks (21days)
* Ensure you arrive the camping ground on time. It will help you do via doing your registration and securing a very comfortable place for yourself in the hostel.
* Get prepared: start getting your things set on time so that you wouldn’t forget an important documents or some of the things you will use at the camp. This is the worst thing that can happen to you.
NYSC REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS (COMPULSORY ITEMS)
- CALL-UP LETTER: This is the most important thing you need for camping. This will determine if you truly are a corps member (Otondo corper). Come with the original copy and photocopies of it. This call-up letter will also show you are not an impersonator. I will also advice you should not laminate your call-up letter.
2) STATEMENT OF RESULT/ CERTIFICATE: This is an evidence of completion of school (graduate). Without being told you should know that carryover and failure to clear your courses or do proper clearance in school can prevent you from getting this slip. So, do not forget to take it along with you. It’s very much important. Come with the original copy and photocopies of it.
3) PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH: Take as many passports as possible. Do ensure they all have a white background; you will need it for different kinds of registration. The forms you will be filling during service will request you attach a passport before submitting.
Note: Foreign graduates should come along with their documents and credentials that they uploaded on NYSC portal.
4) MEDICAL CERTIFICATE OF FITNESS: This will determine your current health status.
5) LICENSE/CERTIFICATE: This is for those in medical field. Graduates of medicine, pharmacy, optometry, etc, are expected to come with your certificate of one year internship it’s an indication you’ve completed your internship also, come along with your registered certificate of Pharmaceutical council of Nigeria, Optometrist registration council of Nigeria, Nigeria medical and dental council of Nigeria (NMDCN) etc….
6) GREEN CARD: This card contains your bio data.
Note: Come with the original and at least 6 photocopy of all your documents. It should be neatly put in a “clear bag” in such a way that water or any liquid will not penetrate therein.
* After registration you will be given a state code number which you will wear round your neck throughout camping.
* You will be given a meal ticket that you will use for (21days) you should be very careful with it, if you misplace it you might not have access to the dining hall unless you wish to start taking your meal at “Maami” ( market inside the camp) for the next 21days.
Finally, when you are through with registration, you will be given your NYSC kit and mattress. Then you can look for a place you’ll stay in the hostel. Your registration is “Done and Dusted”
ITEMS YOU CAN FIND IN YOUR KIT.
> NYSC khaki (trouser, jacket and belt)
> Orange boot
>Two round neck T-shirts
> 2 pairs of white sneakers
> 2 pairs of green stripped stockings
> white vest
> Waist pouch or purse: this is where you can put your valuables.
> A pair of white canvas or sneakers
> White rubber canvas (you can wear this on rainy days)
> 1 pair of White socks
> White shorts
> A pair of slippers
> Beddings (pillow, pillow case, bed sheet, bed spread and wrapper)
> Over the counter drugs (OTC)
> Cash and ATM (Pos are available)
> Dish sets ( Food flask plate, cup and spoon)
> Disinfectant/ Antiseptic
> Flashlight (Torch)
* Phone charger, extra battery and power bank
> Bucket and gallon
> Handkerchief (you will over sweat, so keep it handy)
> Hand sanitizer
> Stationery ( pen, paper, gum and stapler)
These and many more are what you need for your camping.