Netflix allows you to set up parental control to restrict access to certain programs and channels your kids will have. This is very helpful in protecting your kids from sites that could be dangerous to them overall. In this guide, we will be showing you how you can set up Netflix parental control PIN.
You may ask why PIN? Well, Netflix has a different guide compared to most other social sites. This is why you should ensure to follow the guidelines we will be showing you. We will be as detailed as possible to avoid any possible confusion, anywhere. Are you ready?
How To Setup Netflix Parental Control PIN
To set up the Netflix parental control pin, you will have to follow two different options. I will show you how to go about them immediately.
- PIN For Maturity Ratings
When you set a PIN for maturity ratings, it means that anybody using it must have to put in the PIN to watch movies or shows that are above the levels you selected.
- PIN For Certain Shows/Movies
This requires that you set a PIN that must be entered to watch specific movies or series. This is will help you prevent your child from watching some movies you don’t want them to accept with your permission. Please note that PINs are not supported on devices produced before 2013.
How To Set Maturity Level Rating PIN
Follow these steps to set a PIN for specific maturity ratings, or to update your PIN protection level.
- Log into your Netflix account from a web browser.
- Then, you have to select “Parental Control” under the settings.
- You will be required to input your Netflix password.
- Choose a 4-digit PIN.
- Next is to set your PIN to protect access to different levels. This includes the following: Little Kids (All), Older Kids (7+, some 13+), Teens (13+) and adults (16+, 18+)
- Finally, select Save.
Once done, anyone who attempts to play a title above their protection level will be required to input the password.
Set PIN For TV Show Or Movie Restriction
If you want to restrict your kids from watching some certain movies or shows, here is how to go about it.
- Log into your Netflix account.
- Then, under the settings, select “parental control”.
- In the next page, type in your account password.
- Then, type in the 4 numbers you want to serve as the PIN.
- You can then go further to set PIN restriction. You do this by typing in the show or movie name. When it appears, save it.
- Once you are done with all movies and shows, hit on “SAVE” and you are done.
Remove PIN From Netflix Account
If you ever want to remove the parental controls you set up, here is how to go about it.
Setting parental controls are so very vital. Since you can’t predict what your child/ren would choose to watch when you aren’t around. Doing this will protect them from being exposed to negative external influence.
If you have any questions, ask in the comment box.