Here in this article, we shall be discussing about How To Start ICT Business In Nigeria. ICT is an acronym for Information Communication Technology. It has revolutionized all part of human experience through how people work, communicate, learn and live. It helps individual, business and organization it’s importance to economic development and business development has been so monumental. If you enjoy computer, your focal point is to learn skills and achieve the technical tastes.
No formal knowledge is required but if there is, it should serve as an added advantage for you. The goal is to have good business sense, good skills and patience to achieve this technology it comes with benefits that can help you make money, it’s not business that comes seasonally but a business you can make profit out of it on a daily basis due to the fact that the whole world is now a village through the effective use of ICT, in an ICT business you can decide to into production, selling, wholesale/retailing etc.
HOW TO APPLY FOR NIGERIAN POLICE ACADEMY RECRUITMENT 2019 CLICK HERE
ICT BUSINESS YOU CAN START UP IN NIGERIA
- Internet Cafe: this is popularly known as Cyber cafe, you can start up a shop or center where you can offer internet access and other technological amenities. This can be possible in a place that have internet network or access.
- Smartphone Repair Business: People own smartphones and there is need to know the mechanics in order to identity and fix problems
- Online Advertising Platforms: you can create a platform where you connect businesses that wants to advertise online or website owners who wants to earn a revenue.
- Web Design Business: you must have the design skills, to design and develop websites for your clients. You can specialize in WordPress or programming language.
- Blog: you can start up a blog where you can write contents to make money through AdSense or sponsored content.
- Technical Gadget Rentals: you can purchase gadgets if you have the money and rent out to clients for specific purpose such as Projectors for presentation, Cameras for photo shoot etc.
- Computer Training: you could be a tutor or coach by offering workshops or one-on-one training sessions. You can also be hired by businesses to teach them on programs or computer related tasks.
There are other ICT business, you can go into to make maximum profits they are;
-Smartphone accessory manufacturing
-Digital product sales
-Application development service
-Software development service
-Computer setup fee
-Social networking site
-Mobile application sales
-Digital marketing consultant
-Desktop publishing business
-Internet marketing service etc…
LIST OF BEAUTIFUL VALENTINE GIFTS FOR LADIES CLICK HERE
STEPS ON HOW TO START UP AN ICT BUSINESS
Capital: you need enough capital to start up your ICT business.
A money that should not be less than 3 million Naira for a start.
Location: Choose the best place to site your ICT business, you can site it in a market place, school, or by the road side. A place that will support the service you render to them. It entails asking questions on what the area lacks at the moment and put into consideration if opening an ICT center will be the best option. It should be conveniently located for customers, if you decide to site it in a place that doesn’t suit your business it will have a negative impact on cost and revenue.
Stocking your shop with products: this is majorly for those that are into selling ICT gadgets. You can get agents that will procure/import goods for you at a cheaper rate. it solely depends on the country you wish to get your goods from or you can as well patronize Nigeria inventors for the right product, the goal is to stock products that are of good quality, cheaper and affordable.
You should also stay current on new features, tools, or other technical innovates. It’s one of the feature that makes your business stand out among others.
Register your Brand under Cooperate Affairs Commission (CAC)
Get a business name for yourself and register your brand under corporate affairs commission (CAC)
Publicity (Advertising your business): Opening a business is not yet completed until you promote and publicize it, this can be done through;creating a customized banner and logo for your brand and then you advertise it on social media platforms, TV stations, radio stations, door-to-door advertisements, websites with highest numbers of advertisements. In all you should drop your contact information for people to reach out to you.
We hope you found this article useful. Let us know what you think by using the comment box below.