The Nigerian Army (NA) is pleased to announce the commencement of her recruitment exercise for the year 2019. It is about the time of the year, when the federal Government in her quest to end unemployment, grant unemployed graduates and non-graduates opportunities to contend for a limited chance in the top force.
Nigerian Army (NA) is respected for her doggedness in Africa and around the world. Without missing words, the force is seen as number one in the country and in the same vain respected among other arm-forces. Due to the respect that the force enjoys, many young Nigerians want to be part of the force.
This article, will take you on everything you need to understand as to the force recruitment requirements, eligibility, portal to apply, and the deadline. But before we go into that, let’s briefly state the structure and some other important information about the force.
Structure of Nigerian Army (NA).
The official function of the land army is to guard and protect the territory, lives and property. The force is controlled by Nigerian Army Council (NAC), there are different departments and division in the force for proper administration and protection of lives.
The Nigeria Army (NA) has nine (9) divisions which include the following;
Ø Kaduna Division HQ
Ø Ibadan Division HQ
Ø 3Armoured Division HQ, Jos
Ø 6th Amphibious Division HQ, Port Harcourt
Ø 7th Infantry Division (OP-LD) HQ, Maiduguri
Ø 8th Division HQ, Sokoto
Ø 81st Division (Amphibious) HQ, Lagos
Ø 82nd Division (Airborne and Amphibious) HQ, Enugu
Ø Training and Doctrine command HQ, Minna.
The Nigerian Army (NA) on Wednesday 14th August, 2019 announced the commencement of her 2019 recruitment into Direct Short Service Commission Course 25/2020. This statement was released through the acting military secretary Brigadier General Gabriel Ochigbano.
All intending applicants must meet up with the following requirements to be considered for the job;
1. Candidate must be a citizen of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
2. Candidate must be up to 20 years at the time of application and not more than 40 by January 2020.
3. Must be fit medically, mentally, and physically
4. Candidate must measure up to 1.68m (for male) and 1.65m (for female)
5. Interested candidate must provide birth certificate at the time of registration
6. Must be a first degree holder or HND equivalent
7. Candidate must be a graduate of a recognized higher institution in Nigeria
8. Candidate with any form of body deformity may not be considered
9. Candidate must provide NYSC discharge or exemption letter
10. Candidate must provide originals of educational certificate during physical screening.
11. Candidates seeking this opportunity are advised to check their official site for more requirements.
Nigerian Army Conditions for Service
Candidates seeking employment under the DSSC of the Nigerian Army are to
Understand the following;
1. The DSSC can only be granted for 15 years, after which the officer can do yearly renewal for additional 7 years.
2. That conversion in the Nigeria Army is not done automatically; it is only based on vacancies.
3. Medical consultants on completion of the training shall granted the rank of major
4. Lastly, candidate on completion of the training shall be commissioned as lieutenant.
Method of Application
Log on to www.nigerianarmys.ng
Create an account with a valid email
Go to your email address for your log in details
Log in and upload the necessary documents
Crosscheck all information before final submission.
What to Print
Applicants are to print the following documents and get the ready for the physical exercise;
Paper 1- to be signed by a registrar of court of law
Paper 2- to be signed by either your Local Government Chairman/Secretary or Army officer in service whose rank is of lieutenant colonel and above.
25th September, 2019.