Majority of Nigeria students think that working as a student will affect their time schedule and studies, but as a student there are businesses you can do to sustain yourself and it will neither affect you nor your studies.
I would love to outline and explain some of the businesses you can run in school that will fetch you money on a daily basis but before I start there is one successful business tip you need to know;
Create awareness about your product and service by letting people know what you do, market yourself, tell them the skills you have and the service you can render to them.
If peradventure there is need for them to reach out to you they sure will reach out to you.
Related posts you may like;
Here is my Top 10 business you should do as a Nigerian student
- TYPING AND EDITING BUSINESS: If you have a personal laptop or computer it is about time you use it to make money. You can do this by collecting works
From students, type, and edit, print and also photocopy.
The best time to do this is after school or on weekends, type and take to a cybercafé to print it out.
*Typing is done at the rate of N100 per page
*Editing is also done at the rate of N100 per page and there are other profits you could make out of this business.
2) SELL COMPILED PAST QUESTIONS: This is another medium you could use to make money, collect past questions from your department and other departments, photocopy and sell to students.
Students prefer past questions because it gives them the insight of what the questions will look like and they’ve also seen how lecturers set their questions.
The more they study it the more they get familiar with the questions that may come out during exams.
3) USHERING WORK: This is another work you can do in school, all you have to do is join an ushering agency such as Dutchess ushers southeast, Regis hostess etc.
This is one business I know that will not affect your studies because it is a contract work and it is mostly done on weekends. This work pays well, once you are in the right agency you could earn (N5,000) per day).
4) ORGANIZE TUTORIAL CLASSES: New students does not joke with tutorials reason is because they’ve been told that you could build your CGPA in 100 and 200level so, majority of them pay a certain amount (1,000 and above) just to gain knowledge.
You can organize a tutorial class for students and teach them some courses most especially difficult courses and make profit out of it.
5) PHONE/COMPUTER REPAIRS: Students own smart-phones, laptop and other electronic accessories.
There is always need for repair services so, you need to know the mechanics in order to identify and fix problems.
6) WEB DESIGN BUSINESS: To start up this business you only need your laptop and also have the skills to design and develop websites for your clients.
You can specialize in WordPress or programming language.
7) BLOGGING: This is where you display your writing skills you write contents to make money through AdSense or sponsored content.
You can as well advertise products and services and make money out of it.
8) CAKE MAKING AND SMALL CHOPS BUSINESS: Students needs cake and small chops for parties and occasions such as wedding, matriculation graduation, convocation, send forth and other occasions.
You can bake and make small chops for them at an affordable price.
9) CHARGING BUSINESS: Power supply as we all know is a major problem in Nigeria. You can use this medium to make money in school, all you need to start up this business is; a generator, few chargers and about 50ports.
The minimum money you can collect from students is N50 to charge their phones by the end of the day you could make a profit of N3,000-5,000 everyday.
10) SPORTS/PHYSICAL TRAINER: If you are a good athlete you can start up a sport training service on Campus or off campus.
This is done mostly on weekends and it’s one of the things students enjoy doing to maintain Physical fitness and lose weight.