YY Sign Up: YY is a major Chinese video-based social network with over 300 million users.
YY is not just another social network. But a collection of large groups of users with interest in specific fields – music, education, sports, gaming – where participants can earn real money by showcasing their talent or teaching a skill.
Users exchange “virtual roses” as a form of currency, with top users said to earn as much as $20,000 per month. YY offers users an entertainment experience through its social community. It owns the domain names of YY.com, Duowan.com, 100.com, Huya.com, Edu24ol.com and Zhiniu8.com.
Below are the features features of YY.
Features of YY Account
- Upon logging in, users are required to choose from a number of interest tags, after which they are redirected to a chat room with other users who have picked the same tags, featuring a matchmaker moderator.
- In the chat room, users can start up to nine three-minute private speed-dating sessions with other users. During a speed dating session, users can either type or use voice chat to talk with their date. Users who are not in any sessions are allowed to connect in the public chat.
- Zhuiya also has live-streaming features that pit two live streamers against each other with the goal of comparing the number of virtual gifts they receive.
- YY downplayed the rebranding as an update to an old app, saying that it is not a social product of strategic importance to the company, Sina Tech reported.
Steps to Sign Up on YY
- Open up the file you downloaded.
- Uncheck EVERYTHING but the first option which says ‘start yy right away’
- The other options might install random bloatware which will all be in Chinese and I can’t read so good luck with that.
- Once you’re done, you’ll be prompted to log in.
- But you don’t have an account yet so head over to the mobile version to continue.
Download YY for mobile
- Use your QQ app to scan the QR code to download yy onto your phone.
- Press the yellow button then select the second option
- Keep swiping left, then tap the yellow button.
- This is your home page. Look for the little person icon in the bottom right.
- Press the yellow button under the avatar to sign in.
- Select the blue penguin to use your QQ account to log in.
- It should be the same qq and password you use to log into MLB.
- When you’ve successfully logged in you’ll be returned to your user menu.
- Press the settings gear icon at the top right of your screen.
- Select the first option: ” something 安全“
- Pick the second from the last option
- Change your area code then put in your phone number. You will receive a text message with a verification code.
- I’m in America which is written “MeiGuo” so you can find it under You’ll have to find your own area code/country in Chinese.
- Enter your phone number into the first line.
- Tap the smaller orange button to have a text message be sent to your number.
- Enter the code you receive then tap the long orange button at the bottom.
- You’ll be returned to the previous menu and the text should now show green.
- Now you need to set a password for your account. Select the 4th option.
- You will be prompted for your phone number.
- Enter it into the field, then wait for a text message.
- Type the code you receive into the field as shown below.
- Create a password for your YY account. Enter it twice, then hit the orange button.
- You’ll be logged out of YY.
- Try logging back in to YY.com with your phone number and password.
- YOUR PHONE NUMBER STARTS WITH A THREE-DIGIT AREA CODE.
For your comments and contributions please make use of the comment section below.